Greetings from YFL, and Happy New Year!!! Let’s “Weigh In” together, as we start 2019 off together on the mat with weight-baring!!! Our Sanskrit focus is “Kleshas”, or personal obstacles, which may be overcome with the discipline of yoga and meditation. Our Mudra (hand gesture) is “Ushas”, which enables to connect to the energy of all things good!!! Join Deb @ either 8:15 or 9:30 a.m. on 1/2/2019, or try our NEW instructor and class at 1:15 p.m!!! Summer will be offering three new classes at YFL. Yin on Wednesday @ 1:15 p.m., Glow & Restore (similar to Sukha-Stirha) on Tue @ 6:00 p.m., and Yoga Basics (previously Intro to Yoga) @ 7:30 p.m., also on Tue!!! Summer offers safe and challenging edges to a gentle approach of teaching her yoga classes!!! She has a bright, engaging, and uplifting energy, and we are excited to have her join our teaching team at YFL!!! Please support her NEW CLASSES!!! Otherwise the teaching schedule remains the same with one exception, Meditation I will now be offered on Thursday evenings from 7:30-8:30 p.m., and will be offered on a quarterly basis. The first 5-week session will begin on January 10th, and pre-registration is required. The monthly Meditation Sangha will now meet on the first Saturday of each month from 10:30-11:00 a.m., and is FREE!!! I am most happy to report that ALL of Sophie’s classes will continue in the New Year!!!
This week’s meditation focus in “Sankalpa”, or setting intentions. The music selection for supporting your meditation time is David Lanz’s “Blue Largo”.
1. Meditation I: 1/10-2/7 from 7:30-8:00 p.m., cost is $70, please pre-register.
2. Reiki I: 1/27 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.- w/Kim, contact Deb for registration info.
3. Yoga for Grief Workshop: 2/23 w/Sophie from 1:00-3:00 p.m., cost is $25, please pre-register
4. Tibetan Bowl Healing Concert: 4/6 w/Betty & Peter from 1-3 p.m., cost is $25, please pre-register
5. Yoga Basics- a weekly class for beginners, which will provide all the fundamentals for practicing yoga with joy, confidence, and safety. Tu @ 7:30 p.m. w/Summer!!!
6. Glow & Restore- a new class with Summer that will warm you up with a gentle challenge of flow, balance, and power, and then ease you down for a good night’s sleep as you complete the practice with some restorative poses. Tu @ 6:00 p.m. w/Summer!!!
7. Yin- an additional dose of Yin on Wed @ 1:15 p.m. w/Summer!!!
Cheers to a great 2019 at YFL, and all that life brings to you this year!!! As always, we can’t wait to see you on the mat!!!—Namaste’, Deb