Greetings from YFL!!! Thank you Betty & Peter for a phenomenal Tibetan Bowl Healing Sound Concert this past Saturday!!! I am still enjoying the positive effects of the healing vibrations!!! We look forward to your return in September!!! This will be a very fun and exciting week at YFL!!! Our physical focus will be the Triple ‘R’-Rest, Renew, and Restore!!! Our Sanskrit focus is AUM Karuna Hum, or I am compassion. The supporting mudra (hand gesture) is ‘BHAIRAVA’, or the balancing mudra. It brings balance to the left & right hemispheres of the brain, and promotes optimal functioning of our internal organs. Our meditation focus is ‘Compassion’, and may be focused upon while listening to Kiran Murti’s ‘Sweet Indian’.
This week’s Yin practice will balance your 7 chakras!!!
- Qigong is an ongoing class every Monday evening from 6:30-7:30, and the reviews are in…very peaceful, meditative movement, and Jan is most knowledgable in her teachings!!!
- Summer’s NEW CLASSES are up and running, and students love her energy, poetry, flows, and special attention to ALL THE DETAILS of making class just right for YOU!!! Please support her wonderful teachings at the studio: Wednesday-Yin at 11:15 & Gentle Yoga at 12:30, Thursday-Yin at 4:15 & Glow & Restore at 6:00!!! Your mind, body, and heart will be so glad you did!!!
- YOGA-HIKE is this FRIDAY (4/12)!!! PLEASE LET DEB KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEND. We will meet at the Visitor Center @ 8:30 a.m. Bring water, towel, $4, hat, and wear good shoes to support and protect your feet.
- Mark your calendar (6/30/19) for a GRAND YOGA ADVENTURE TO FULLERTON!!! Join Deb & her son Taylor for Yoga & Lunch at The Bowery Craft Beer & Pizza. Taylor is co-owner of this wonderful restaurant!!! Deb will guide us through a gentle yoga practice beginning at 10 a.m., and then lunch will be served. You can choose to have a cocktail, craft beer, or wine. The food menu will include pizza, salads, and/or pasta. If you have a slice (they are huge) of cheese or pepperoni & house wine your cost is around $10, or you can choose an artisan pizza, salad, pasta for a higher cost. Deb will be charging $10 for the yoga experience. The Bowery is just steps away from the Fullerton Train Station, so you can choose to ride the train up & back, or carpool with your buddies. Space is limited, so sign up quickly. THIS WILL BE A BLAST!!!
- Sophie’s next Yoga For Grief workshop has been moved to May 18th!!!
- NO 8:15 OR 9:30 CLASS THIS FRIDAY (4/12) DUE TO THE YOGA HIKE!!!
It is going to be another wonderful week at YFL!!! As always, we can’t wait to see you on the mat!!!—Namaste’, Deb
“Forever is composed of nows”.—Emily Dickinson